How are you doing? Do you feel like thankfulness has covered you like a tidal wave this month? I’m not sure if I’m there yet but I have enjoyed spending time learning to be thankful. It’s week three of Waves of Thankfulness and I’d love it if you checked out the other posts in this series!
Today I have a challenge for you. Below are 10 Bible verses that inspire thankfulness. Pick one that speaks to you and meditate on it throughout the week. This will lead us right up to Thanksgiving! I want you to:
- Write the verse on a note card and put it somewhere that you will see it often.
- Pray the Verse.
- Read the Chapter that the verse is in.
- Spend a few minutes each day meditating on what it means.
- Make a list of things that you can thank God for after reading the verse.
- Come back next Wednesday and share what you learned with us!
Are you up for the challenge? Below are 10 verses to choose from, or pick your own. Whenever I consider how deeply I have been blessed I know that it is not a coincidence. God’s blessings are good and He wants to bless you today! I hope that these Bible verses stir up feelings of thankfulness in you today.
- Psalm 95:2-3. Give thanks because our God is above all others.
- Ephesians 1:15-16. Give thanks for your brothers and sisters in Christ.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34. Give thanks because God’s love never ends.
- Psalm 118:21. Give thanks because God is our salvation.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Give thanks in all circumstances, whether good or bad.
- Hebrews 12:28-29. Give thanks for God’s unshakable Kingdom.
- Colossians 2:6-7. Give thanks because Christ lives in you.
- Psalm 107:1. Give thanks because God is good.
- James 1:17. Give thanks because God is good and He is unchanging.
- Psalm 16:11. Give thanks because God will give your life direction.
What other verse would you like to add to this list?