When you are married and work long hours, it can be hard to find time to connect with your spouse. After working all day, cooking dinner, parenting little children, and basically just making it through the day there isn’t always much time left to spend with your husband. I don’t even have children yet and I already feel like my husband and I don’t have time to connect like we want to anymore! Brian works late some days and I go to bed early so the time that we do have together is limited.
So what can we do to connect whenever time is short?
We can plan fun date nights and make them a priority. We can dedicate 5 minutes a day to strengthening our marriage. We can even let our responsibilities go for a little while and give all our attention to our husbands. But whenever things get really busy one thing that I like to do is send a short and sweet text message to my husband that will remind him that I am thinking of him and get him thinking about me.
While I know the dangers of letting too much technology into our lives, this is one situation where it can actually bring us closer together. In one small message, you let your spouse know that you are thinking of him and show him that you took time out of your busy day to send him a sweet message. Receiving a sweet message ‘just because’ is flattering! So whenever things get busy I make sure to let Brian know I’m thinking of him.
No clue what to send in your message? Try one of these sweet messages!
- I can’t stop thinking about you today.
- I have a big hug and kiss waiting for you at home!
- I just prayed for you.
- You are my greatest blessing! I am so thankful for you.
- I can’t wait to see you tonight. You are the best husband.
- I love being married to you.
- I miss you! Only ____ more hours until we’ll be home together.
- Thank you for helping me with ____. I appreciate everything you do for me.
- I’m so proud of you! Thank you for working so hard for our family.
- I love you.
- It was hard to say goodbye to you this morning. I can’t wait until you get home.
- Hey, handsome! How’s my hunk doing today?
- Thank you for being so good to me, even when I don’t deserve it.
- Thank you for providing for your family. You are the best husband.
- Thanks for loving me unconditionally.
These ideas are sweet and simple, but it doesn’t matter what you send as long as it comes from the heart!