This post may contain affliate links. They cost you nothing, but help support Grace, Love, Life.
A date night gives you and your significant other time to reconnect and catch up on life. It brings a little fun into your life and gives you a chance to get out and relax. (And the fact that I don’t have to cook is awesome of course!) But right now it’s winter and if we are being honest all I feel like doing is wrapping a blanket around my frozen self and sitting in front of the TV! Is anyone else with me or am I the only one? Well anyway, I put together a list of winter date ideas. I hope it inspires you and your honey to get up and have some fun!
Safe and Warm at Home
- Watch your wedding video or go through your wedding photo album. Reminisce a little. It’ll be fun.
- Game Night. Bust out a few games and make it a challenge. A few of our favorites right now are 5 Second Rule and Rack-O.
- Dinner and movie. Find something new on Netflix or watch an old favorite. I know this is the standard winter date night idea but it’s fun and it still makes the list for me!
- TV series Marathon. Right now we are making our way through Arrow and The Big Bang Theory.
- Order food from somewhere new and have it delivered to your door! Just make sure to tip well if the weather is really nasty.
- Pick out a few of your favorite songs from High School and play then while you dance or share memories for your younger days. I didn’t know Brian in High School so I love hearing about his younger years!
- Work a puzzle. This is more of my hobby than Brian’s, but we recently bought a 200 piece puzzle with comic book characters on it and it made for a fun little date night while we put it together and he explained who everyone was.
- Play video games together. If I can get Brian to work a puzzle with me then it’s only fair that I play video games with him. I am personally a fan of Super Smash Bros. right now.
- Plan your summer vacation. Someday it will be warm again. Start googling vacation destinations and start dreaming of your next getaway. We are going to the Smoky’s in April and I can’t wait!
- Write out your ultimate bucket list together. Maybe even keep the bucket list and see how many you can mark off the list in one year.
Adventures Out and About
- Go sledding. That is if we ever get any snow this winter! Make sure to follow it up with a warm cup of coffee.
- Ice Skating. Whether you have been before or not ice skating is a great way to have a little fun and (probably) a lot of laughs.
- Scavenger Hunt at the Mall. Make a list of things you might see at the mall like a help wanted sign, furry boots, or something with your name on it. Grab a camera and see how many things you can cross off the list.
- Bundle up and play in the snow. What is more romantic than a snow ball fight! Make sure to cuddle afterward.
- Go shopping. Go to both his favorite stores and yours and see if you can find any good deals. A lot of stores have big sales in January to get rid of their holiday merchandise.
- Go to the theater. And by theater I mean, go see a play or musical. Make a day of it and see a professional performance or go see a local high school performance. Either way, it’ll be fun.
- Go to a sporting event. Winter is the time of basketball and hockey. Last year we went to see the Evansville Iceman and I really hope we get to go again.
- Take it slow at your favorite coffee shop. Let the coffee warm your body and the conversion warm your soul.
- Go out for dessert. Every time we go out to eat I am too full to want dessert. So why not just go for dessert sometime?
- Visit a museum. We have a little history museum in town and while it’s not my favorite place to go I do think it makes for a fun little date when it’s too cold to be outside.
If you need a few more winter date night ideas you can check out my fall date ideas. How do you like to spend date night when it’s cold outside?