I don’t know how you are feeling right now, but it is unbearably hot in Kentucky. It’s too hot to even take the dog out for a walk. My flowers are shriveling up and dying and I refuse to turn the oven on for fear of it heating the house up further.
I love summer and I love being outside, but this is getting ridiculous! So instead of going outside and “enjoying” the sunshine I decided to stay in this weekend and work on a few blog related things. Luckily for you, the first thing that I did was put together this awesome list of summer date night ideas that beat the heat. Even whenever I don’t feel like doing a single thing I know that my marriage is important and I don’t wanna miss a night with my husband. If you are melting like me then maybe you’ll enjoy these date night ideas as well!
Then I created the first ever Grace, Love, Life reader survey. Grace, Love, Life will be 1 year old in September and I am constantly trying to find ways to make it better for you! After you enjoy this list of awesome summer date nights I would love for you to take the survey and let me know what you think.
I also completely changed the design of Grace, Love, Life and made a new logo!!! I am completely in love with this new design and I hope you love it too! Let me know what you think about it.
And now, here are 20 awesome summer date nights to beat the heat!
- Buy a couple water guns at the dollar store and let the games begin.
- Go to the beach or a local pool.
- Cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie. Get more ideas here and here.
- Buy your favorite ice cream and toppings and make a giant sundae to share.
- Play a new board game.
- Play your favorite card game.
- Wait until it’s dark and cooler outside, spread a blanket on the ground and watch the stars.
- Spend the whole day in bed talking, watching tv, and eating junk food.
- Research new couple’s Bible Studies and study together.
- Have a cook off using only the food in your kitchen (no trips to the grocery store).
- Go to the movies.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Play video games. You can check out this awesome idea.
- Play Charades.
- Work a puzzle.
- Watch the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Watch your wedding video or go through old photos and share memories.
- Share your personal and marriage goals. Write them down and create a plan to achieve them together.
- Plan the perfect fall getaway…Fall will be here before we know it! Check out this planning guide.
- Turn on Netflix and binge watch a new series or the most ridiculous series that you can find and laugh all the way through it!
Brian was stuck at work this weekend so no date night for us, but I did make one of his favorite meals for him! I am hoping that we are able to have a few more of these awesome summer date nights soon! I am really feeling the water balloon fight.
If you have an awesome summer date night idea to share please let us know about it in the comments.
And now for the first ever Grace, Love, Life reader survey!
The survey will only take a few minutes of your time and you can skip any question that you don’t want to answer. It is anonymous. Taking the survey helps me understand what my readers want to see. Through this survey I will gain valuable insight which will help me plan my content for the following year.
Thank you so much to everyone for taking the survey!!!