For Brian and I, colder weather means lots and lots of soup. There is just something about a steamy bowl of soup on a cool night that warms the soul. One of our favorites is Pumpkin Soup. With flavors like pumpkin, garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, and Parmesan cheese, this soup is an explosion of flavor.
When I first started experimenting with pumpkin soup I was apprehensive. I wasn’t sure if pumpkin belonged in soup, but after one bite I was hooked. Brian loves this soup and requests it even in the summer when pumpkin is not in season!
Give it a try and let me know what you think! I would pair this soup with a nice Apple and Walnut Salad and Candy Corn Cookie Bars for a delicious Fall feast!
- 3 Cup Chicken Broth
- 30 oz. Pumpkin Puree
- ½ TBSP. Pepper
- ½ TBSP. Onion Powder
- ½ TBSP. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- Salt to taste (about 1 tsp.)
- ½ Quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth.
- When the chicken broth is warm add pumpkin puree and stir well.
- Add all spices.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until the soup is steamy.
- Add Heavy Whipping Cream and whip soup with a metal whisk.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir well.
- Continue heating until soup is steamy and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
What are your favorite soups for Fall?