I’m pretty sure that this Christmas was the best one possible. I had 6 straight days of family time and didn’t pick up my laptop once. We spent Christmas Eve with Brian’s extended family, Christmas day with his immediate family, and then traveled to Ohio to spend 4 days with my family. For the holidays, we always stay at my parent’s house and this year my sister and her family was there as well. I love when we all stay together. Yes, it’s loud, crowded, and we end up with an entire pack of dogs running through the house, but it’s fun and the house is as full of love as it is people. My niece and nephews are growing up fast and I cherish every minute that I spend with them!
On our way to Ohio!
But it’s January, and that means that it’s time to get back to work. But before I get lost in the hustle of going back to work and running my side business, I want to take a look back at my successes and highlights from 2016. Then, I’m going to share a few things that you can look forward to seeing in 2017.
My Christmas Day Look. Red Beaded Necklace and Earrings (affliate link)
So here are Grace, Love, Life’s top 10 posts from 2016. I want to share these with you because I love this blog and I work hard to create quality content that actually inspires. So, join me in celebrating my successes in 2016!
10. What to Write in a Love Letter – 2,488 pageviews this year. This list has been very popular on Pinterest this year!
9. 10 Best Games for Couples – 2,880 Pageviews this year. This post was so much fun because Brian and I played lots of board games while making it!
8. You Might be from Blanchester If… 2,929 Pageviews this year. This is one of my very favorite blog posts because it’s all about my little hometown. I’m pretty sure everyone from Blanchester liked it as well!
7. Cultivating Emotional Intimacy – 3,093 Pageviews this year. This post comes with a downloadable challenge that I love because I think it can really help couples contect on a deeper level.
6. When He Feels More Like a Stranger Than Your Husband – 3,453 Pageviews this year. I think this post did really well because it’s relatable.
5. 20 Winter Date Ideas – 3,668 Pageviews this year. I love sharing creative date ideas on my blog so I’m really glad that this one did well.
4. 10 Ways to Surprise Your Husband on His Birthday – 4,624 Pageviews this year. This post was so much fun to put together. In a way, it game me direction for my blog because I realized how much I enjoyed posting fun and creative posts like this.
3. Angry Birds Date Night – 5,018 Pageviews this year. I’m actually surprised that this post did so well! This was a really fun date night and I think that just about anyone would love those waffles!
2. 5 Things to Tell Your Husband Everyday – 13,924 Pageviews this year. This post is simple and practical and it was very well recieved.
- 6 Things Your Husband Needs from You Every Day – 109,272 Pageview this year. This post literally changed everything for my blog! It went viral and still brings about 1,000 pageviews to my blog each day. It has opened so many doors for me!
I was super surprised to see some of these make it to my top ten and to see other posts not do as well. What was your favorite Grace, Love, Life post this year?
Looking Forward to 2017
I have so many exciting things planned for Grace, Love, Life in 2017! You’ll be seeing many exciting posts like the ones listed above. I also have a few surprises in store for you so make sure to check back regularly.
In a few weeks, I’ll be starting a new series that focuses on the Wives of the Bible and what we can learn from them. I also have a few giveaways lined up (YAY!) and more fun and creative date night ideas.
One of my main goals for 2017 is to grow my Instagram and use that to drive more traffic to this blog. If you aren’t following me then hope over there now and follow along! I like to keep things real, so Instagram will give you a peek into what’s really happening in my life.
You are going to see more and more affiliate links in my posts and sponsored posts. This blog’s main purpose will always be to inspire wives to celebrate love and practice grace by living the lives the God created for them. I write because God gave me a gift and wants me to use. It’s all about you! But running a blog is a lot of work and takes a lot of my time. If I don’t earn a little money from this blog then I might have to let it go. So, please don’t let affiliate and sponsored posts bother you. Any money I earn from this blog goes towards supporting my family and keeping this blog going. I promise that I will only share products and brands with you that I truly love and believe that you will love as well!
This year, I look forward to praying and listening to God more, loving my husband more, resting more, putting my health first more, petting my dogs more, and getting to know you more.
Happy New Year, everyone! Let’s make 2017 awesome!
What are you looking forward to in 2017? What are you proud of from 2016?