Have you seen the movie, War Room? It’s one of the best examples of the power of prayer that I have ever seen. I know it’s a movie, but the message is there. A marriage is failing, a woman is praying feverishly, and God is working. Once the movie was over, I definitely felt convicted to pray for my marriage more than ever before.
Prayer is simple, but it has eternal effects. It brings us peace as we turn our sufferings over to God and just let Him take control. God has the ability to put things back in order that we would never be able to fix. And I will forever believe that praying for your marriage is the best thing that you can do for your marriage.
So today, we are once again visiting the topic of praying for your marriage and your husband. I have spent the past week scouring the interest for the best 10 resources on praying for your marriage and here they are.
- War Room Watching this movie is a great way to encourage you to create a plan for praying for your spouse daily. It’ll teach you how to create your own war room and spend time in it every day. There is also a devotional that goes along with the movie.
- 31 Prayers for My Husband This book by writer, Jennifer Smith of the Unveiled Wife is meant to guide you through one month of prayers for your husband in every aspect of your life. I haven’t read it yet, but I know that it good.
- 14 Day Prayer Challenge I love this prayer challenge from Made Perfectly Imperfect because it is all right there on her website. You don’t have to buy or sign up for anything which is super convenient. Throughout the challenge, she breaks down 1 Corinthians 13 4:7 over 14 and helps you pray for your spouse.
- 30 Day Prayer Challenge This challenge from iBelieve is a downloadable pdf. Each day you will pray for your husband in a specific way.
- 20 Day Marriage Prayer Journal This prayer journal from Worshipful Living can be downloaded and printed along with Bible verse cards. This is great for anyone who likes to have something in their hands and who wants to write out their prayers.
- 15 Bible Verses to Pray for Your Marriage Maybe you already have a place to pray and the desire to pray, but you don’t know where to start. Praying scripture over your marriage is a great place to start. I love this list from Pichea Place.
- 8 Verses to Pray Over Your Marriage I love this list from Simply Clarke because it’s short and sweet but very to the point. These are great prayers to incorporate into everyday life.
- Praying 1 Corinthians for Your Marriage I love this resource from Just Bee because it uses one of my favorite prayer strategies, letting God’s word guide you through prayer.
- 7 Step War Strategy for Marriage This post from Joy Pursued isn’t so much a prayer guide as it is a guide to fighting the enemy and strengthening your marriage and I love it! The enemy is out to destroy your marriage so you need to know how to fight back.
- Four Powerful Prayers for Your Husband This is one of my own posts, but I still think it’s a great resource. In this post, I break down 4 specific prayers that I pray for my husband on a daily basis.
Whenever it comes to praying for your marriage, there is no right or wrong way. You can create your own war room to pray every day or contain your prayers in a journal. You can pray through scripture, or just open your heart to God. But I promise you that prayer is powerful and if we believe in the power of prayer then we must pray.
What other resources do you use to pray for your marriage? Let us know about them so that we can check them out.