This summer is really important to Brian and I because it’s the last one to be ‘just us’ before the baby gets here in November. Summer is one of my favorite seasons because I love to explore and visit new places. We already have a few adventures planned for this summer, but we decided to put together our own summer bucket list so that we don’t waste any of our time trying to decide how to spend those precious Saturdays between June and September.
Whether you are married or single, have children or not, you should make your own summer bucket list. First, put things on the list that you do every summer and don’t want to miss, such as swimming or watching fireworks on the 4th of July. Then, think about attractions and events around you that you would love to visit. Maybe it’s a famous ice cream parlor an hour away or an amusement park in another town. Maybe you just want to grab a map and see where a full tank of gas takes you! Maybe all you want to do is hang out at the ball field. Fill your bucket list with things that you and your family can do together! Even if you don’t cross everything off of your list, you’ll have fun trying.
I made this bucket list that you can print or save on Pinterest as a guideline! Go ahead and save it now!
Print Here: summer date night bucket list
Now, grab some cute summery paper and write out your own bucket list! Here is ours. I’ll definitely be sharing some of these summer dates with you throughout the summer so be on the lookout for it!
- Take a road trip. This one is super fresh in my head because our vacation officially starts on Saturday and we’ll be road trippin’ to Illinois, Cincinnati, and my parent’s home. We have so many fun things planned and I’ll be sharing it all with you so make sure you are following me on Facebook and Instagram!
- Go swimming. I can’t express how much I love to swim! I only got to go swimming once last summer but I am determined to find a pool this year!
- Fireworks. I mean, how can we have summer without fireworks? I can’t for the Fourth of July.
- Grow flowers. My roses, dianthus, daisies, and peonies are looking good, but I’d like to spend a little more time in the garden so that it keeps blooming all summer long.
- Have a yard sale. This one is big because we have tons of stuff to get rid of before the baby comes. I have 8 totes of teaching supplies from when I taught and I’ll be selling it all this year. We’ll use the money to decorate the baby’s nursery. (Yay!)
- Lots of walks in the park. Our dogs are going to love this one!
- Visit Lincoln Boyhood Home National Park. This isn’t far from our home but I’ve never been. I can’t wait to see what’s there!
- Visit the Corvette Museum and lots of car shows. The Corvette Museum is only an hour away and I’ve never been. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but Brian loves cars and has a Camaro. Car shows are always fun for him and I don’t mind tagging along.
- Visit flea markets. I love that you never know what you’ll find!
- See a cave. I love caves! Thankfully, cave country is only an hour or so away so we have to go!
- Go to the drive in. We actually have a drive-in near us so we have to go!
- Get slushies. If you are ever near Milford, Ohio. Go to Paradise Ice. It might be the best slushie place in the world! Until then, we’ll settle for the places around Owensboro.
- Visit a festival. Owensboro has tons of festivals so I know we’ll be able to make that happen!
What is going on your bucket list? I can’t wait to see your ideas! Make sure you check back throughout the summer to see where we are going and what we are doing!